Saturday, May 21, 2016

Banana Bread

First off I changed the name of the blog; someone was already a mountain modern woman long before me so now I am a rustic modern woman.

Next I made banana bread on this drizzly cloudy day. It is the same recipe from my Home Ec class in middle school. My dad still uses the pizza dough recipe I got too.

Banana bread is my kind of recipe. Not too many ingredients and comes out delicious every time.

To make two loaves start with one stick of butter and one cup of sugar in a mixing bowl. Use a knife to "cut" it into a crumbly mixture.  Now add 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons milk and  3 bananas and with the same knife smoosh all the bananas into little chunks.

Add 2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Mix until there is no more dry flour. Heat the oven to 350 and pour the batter into two oiled loaf pans. The recipe rises about 40% so fill a little over halfway. This is the perfect amount for two beautiful loaves. Now set the timer for 45 min and find something else to do. So far every time I have had perfect loaves and they are so good I have to give some away so other people will think I am an awesome baker.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from my readers!