Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Easy necklace display stand

I've sold my jewelry at art walks and had a cool branch with screws in it that I set on my table and have the necklaces dangle off. I wanted  more professional, less back-breaking way for customers to view my necklaces. Instead of spending money on a bunch of velvet busts or glass cases, I wanted something more me, more rustic modern.

I took a scrap piece of 1/4 inch plywood I kept in case I got inspired to paint on it and then some scrap pieces of wood in my cut pile.  I screwed through the plywood a small chunk of a 2x4 at the angle I wanted my plywood. Then I added this little scrap 2x2 piece as a support so handsy people won't knock over the whole display.

Now I have a mess of outdoor upholstery fabric I fell in love with and had upholstered a rocking chair with, but I think burlap would be super cute too. Or if you want to class it up, velvet or satin would be great too.
I stapled the fabric from the back and hammered the staples after so they wouldn't stick out.

I took two of my screws out of my branch and replaced them with 3 inch screws with the same head. These go all the way through the branch and attach to the plywood. And that is it, really! I arranged my necklaces nicely so next time am out selling I can just grab the whole thing.

I have some of these up on my Zibbet page to sell but the others I don't so my customers get even more variety and a better deal in person.

I probably should make one more too so I can bring a lot of inventory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from my readers!